3 hours (including resting time)
- 1 Tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup Organic Valley whole milk, heated
- ½ cup plus 1 Tablespoon organic granulated sugar*
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 6 Tablespoons Organic Valley pasture butter, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup Organic Valley pasture butter, melted (for dipping)
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Dissolve yeast in hot milk in large bowl (preferably of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook). Let stand 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, pumpkin puree, flour, salt, and spices for bread. Beat at medium speed until a soft dough forms, about 2 minutes, or knead for about 5 minutes. If needed, add additional flour to form a smooth and moist (but not sticky) dough, beating an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Add softened butter and mix until just combined.
- Place dough in a buttered, medium sized bowl, turning the dough to coat. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place until dough has doubled in size, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for Spiced Sugar in a shallow bowl. Mix well.
- After dough doubled in size, punch it down and transfer to a lightly floured surface.
- Divide evenly into golf ball sized pieces (1 1/2 ounces each). Roll each piece into a ball.
- Butter a 10-inch Bundt pan or ring shaped cake pan. Dip each ball of dough lightly into melted butter, then dip heavily in spiced sugar.
- Place rolls evenly in prepared pan, stacking on top of one another. Pour any remaining butter over the rolls and sprinkle with a small amount of any remaining sugar mixture.
- Cover and let rise in a warm, draft free place until doubled in size, 60-80 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350° F. Bake bread until puffed and light golden brown, about 35 minutes. Cool 5 minutes in pan.
- Invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm or at room temperature.