- 30 min
- 4-6 servings
• 1 lb shell pasta
• 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 large garlic clove, minced
• 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
• 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
• Sea salt to taste
• 1 1/2 cups Califia Farms unsweetened
• 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
• 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast powder
• 2 1/2 cups shredded vegan cheddar
• Optional garnish: vegan cheddar cheese
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil then add pasta and cook until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add garlic and cook, stirring until softened.
4. Stir in cayenne pepper, turmeric and salt.
5. Gradually whisk in the almondmilk, flour and yeast and bring to a simmer.
6. Remove from heat and transfer the mixture to a large saucepan over medium heat.
7. Add the vegan cheddar and stir occasionally until it melts.
8. Strain cooked pasta.
9. Add pasta to the sauce and stir to combine.
10. Top with additional cheese and breadcrumbs. Voilà!