Hi all! Actually, I should say g’day mates! I am writing to you all from Queenstown, New Zealand–the second stop on my Down Under Tour. I will be traveling the next four weeks throughout New Zealand and Australia, and will therefore be taking you all with me!
As exciting as it is to travel to new places, I always try and prepare for the worst–and by “worst,” I mean any kind of sickness. The worst feeling is to be thousands of miles away from home stuck in an AirBnb bed and not being able to enjoy your trip due to a cold or stomach flu. Therefore, I always come prepared! Besides all my daily supplements (which you can find here), I always bring some preventative supplements to help maintain my immunity. The key is to prevent–and if that fails, catch the sickness as soon as you feel it coming on. Here’s what I pack in my suitcase to stay healthy abroad:
- Nature’s Way Optima Immune Defense & Digestive Balance Probiotics: I switch out my normal probiotics with these as they help to maintain immunity as well as help my digestive system as I eat and drink foods that my body isn’t used to.
- Gaia Quick Defense: I take this as soon as I feel something coming on!
- Source Naturals OR North American Herbs Oil of Oregano: Again, as soon as I feel like I’m starting to catch something, I take a few drops of this oil. Its antiviral, antibacterial, anti-parasitic and anti-fungal properties helps to stop that cold quick!
- Source Naturals Wellness Formula: As I mentioned this in my last post, I take 3 a day to help maintain immunity. If I start to feel sick, I bump it up to 4-5, 2x daily.
- Emergen-C: Lots of this, especially after I get off a plane!
Some other immunity-preserving tips while traveling:
- Neosporin: I put this under my nose whenever I get on a plane, and reapply every few hours. This helps to prevent catching anything while in the air.
- As soon as I get to my seat, I wipe EVERYTHING down with an antibacterial wipe–especially the tray table, TV and headrest!
- I carry my favorite HydroFlask water bottle with me (keep it empty until you’re through security!) and fill it up right before the plane. That way, I constantly have water with me while on board and am able to stay hydrated.
- Hand sanitizer in my purse, always! Exploring new cities means lots of touching foreign objects–and lots of germs! I always carry my favorite EO Hand Sanitizer (I love the lemon scent) in my purse to make sure my hands are clean, especially before I eat.
What do you do to prepare for a trip?
Until next time,